4 WEEK IN-DEPTH COURSE FOR THOSE WITH SOME MINDFULNESS AND MEDITATION EXPERIENCE.
BOOK MINDFULNESS AND YOU NOW
Learn how to create and sustain a daily meditation practice
Receive a guidebook with articles, exercises and a reading list to keep
Get an additional 8 session self-paced, online course as well as the 4 week real life course for no extra cost
Discover and practice the 3 critical components of human well being – Safety, Security and Connection
Learn how the brain can rewire itself and how you can use this to experience greater levels of relaxation and self-acceptance
Get guided meditations and informal mindfulness practices aimed at reducing striving, relating to others and accessing inner calm
The Mindfulness & You course is an innovative approach mindfulness and meditation. The course is based on your own experiential learning, core formal meditation, personal development practicing with others, and the core components of well-being, safety, satisfaction and connection.
SAFETY – Understand and feel what it is like to be OK with our experience, even in difficult times. Learn to rely more and more on your own presence for your own well-being.
SATISFACTION – Realise you are OK – just as you are, even if your mind is saying something different. Discover the real benefits and joys of a regular formal meditation practice.
CONNECTION – Feel connected to something bigger than yourself and feel greater intimacy with yourself life and with other people
Mindfulness and You has been designed by senior Mindfulness Works facilitator, Glenda Irwin. Glenda has brought her experience, qualifications and passion as a mindfulness educator, business woman. coach and parent to create this powerful and unique course. In particular Glenda has created the course to:
- Support you in developing a regular formal meditation practice
- To learn and practice practical ways of increasing well-being and feelings of self-acceptance
- To understand the psychology and neuroscience behind mindfulness and it’s effectiveness
- Create a sense of support with an experienced teacher and like-minded practitioners in the course.
Glenda has trained with Amy Saltzman (USA ‘Still Quiet Place’). She is the creator of ‘Mindful Colouring for Kids’. Glenda is a director of Mindfulness Matters – teaching mindfulness to organisations and the general public. Glenda is also trained in ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy). Glenda’s principle teachers are Joseph Goldstein, Rick Hanson, Dr Paul Gilbert and her own son, Cameron Irwin.
Mindfulness and You is an in-depth practical, real life course over 4 weeks. In addition to the real-life course you also get 12 months access to the premium Mindfulness Education Group (MEG) 8 week online course. This course retails at $89 and you get it at no extra cost with Mindfulness and You.
The MEG online course…
- Is self-paced and available 24 hours / 7 days per week
- Can be repeated as often as you like over the next 12 months for free
- Comprises of 8 lessons (each lesson is one hour)
- Includes a variety of guided mindfulness meditations and practical exercises
CREATOR AND FACILITATOR OF THE SELF-PACED ONLINE MINDFULNESS COURSE
The teacher is highly respected and experienced mindfulness educator, Grant Rix. Grant Rix is the Mindfulness Education Group Training and Programmes Director, and the creator of the unique evidence-based Pause, Breathe, Smile mindfulness in schools programme. He is a leader in mindfulness training and delivery in New Zealand and teaches with wisdom and compassion.
LEARN TOOLS TO DEVELOP A REGULAR MEDITATION PRACTICE: Support your intention for a regular meditation practice with practical suggestions and with a group of like-minded individuals.
4 x 90 MINUTE CLASSES: Enjoy a full hour and a half of class time, including longer guided meditations.
EXCLUSIVE GUIDEBOOK: Receive our exclusive mindfulness guidebook to keep. This includes weekly assignments, lots of articles and a reading list.
INCLUDES FREE ONLINE 8 SESSION COURSE: Your registration for Mindfulness and You also includes 12 months access to a premium self-paced 8 session online mindfulness course offered by Mindfulness Education Group. This online course normally costs $89
A UNIQUE AND INNOVATIVE APPROACH TO MINDFULNESS: Learn practical and effective ways to promote feelings of safety, satisfaction and connection in your life.
Mindfulness and You has been specifically designed for those with some mindfulness and meditation experience. This means it suits anyone who has any of the following experience…
Learned to meditate previously (even if it was many years ago)
Has taught themselves to meditate through books or videos
Has attended a beginners or introductory mindfulness course
Knows how to meditate, but struggles with a daily practice
BOOK HERE| COURSE LOCATIONS | ALL MINDFULNESS AND YOU COURSES ARE $145
MINDFULNESS AND YOU COURSE CONTENTS
Mindfulness, Awareness & Intention
- Themes of the course
- How we practise and the importance of intention
- The three components of human well-being
- Questions and discussion
Safety, Satisfaction and Connection
- Inner calm and equanimity
- Staying present in your daily life
- Questions and discussion
Mindfulness in relationship
- Mindfulness in relationship to us, others and life
- Greater awareness of your feelings
- Working with conflict
- Questions and discussion
- What does it mean to be truly happy?
- Accepting the ups and downs of our human experience
- How to work with striving and perfectionism
- Self-compassion and self-love
BOOK A MINDFULNESS AND YOU COURSE NOW
Refund and Transfer Policy
- Full refunds are available up to one week before a course starts.
- Free transfers to other courses are available up to one week before a course starts.
- Once a course has started, full refunds are only available if you attend every class of the course and feel you have not got value. In this case, you are entitled to and will be given a full refund.
- Refunds are not given if you do not attend every class of the course and if you simply ‘do not like’ the course or decide it ‘is not for you’.
- For more details about our refund and transfer policy, please read our FAQ.
How long is each weekly class and what happens?
Each class is 90 minutes long. There will be a guided meditation for a period that will include meditation instruction. After the meditation and instruction, there will be a talk or discussion. This includes a question and answer time.
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for any of the following:
- People who have completed the Mindfulness Works Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation 4-week course or who have existing mindfulness and meditation experience.
About Mindfulness Works
Mindfulness Works is one of the largest mindfulness training organisations in Australasia. Every month over 600 people attend the Mindfulness Works Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation course.
Mindfulness Works is committed to:
- Providing accessible and affordable mindfulness courses
- Offering a diverse range of experienced and skilled mindfulness trainers
- Providing courses in a practical format with exceptional supporting resources
- Improving the mental health of all of us and fostering self-love in all
- Supporting our facilitators with options for further professional development
About the Mindfulness And You Teachers
The approach by all Mindfulness Works teachers is straightforward, practical and heartfelt and directed towards you discovering your own innate wisdom and authentic experience.
Glenda Irwin is a senior facilitator, and facilitators’ trainer/supervisor for Mindfulness Works.
She began teaching mindfulness to children in 2010 as a response to her own challenges as a parent. She trained with Amy Saltzman (USA ‘Still Quiet Place’) and went on to write many courses and parent/child mindfulness lessons. She is the creator of ‘Mindful Colouring for Kids’.
Glenda and her partner, Chris Irwin, direct Mindfulness Matters – teaching mindfulness to organisations and the general public, focused on creating community for practitioners of mindfulness. Seeing clients for one-to-one sessions using ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) and her training as a Life Coach, Glenda firmly believes the support of a compassionate teacher is key to our finding our unique ‘me-ness’. Glenda’s principle teachers are Joseph Goldstein, Rick Hanson, Dr Paul Gilbert and her own son, Cameron Irwin.
Glenda was a successful Film Art Director during her 18-year OE. She worked on Star Wars, danced with Keith Richards and asked Frank Sinatra to sing her a line from ‘New York, New York’ which he kindly did. To this day, she loves art and movement; some of her hobbies include practising Qi Gong and sketching (both of which she uses to further her mindfulness practice).
Glenda has a ‘glass half full’ nature and feels as if life just worked out the way she thought it would, but via a different route.
Testimonials for the Mindfulness Works Introductory Course:
“The course was very relaxed and friendly, and full of useful practical advice that recognised the limits to time that everyone faces. Also I liked the mix of people attending, with a range of different reasons for being there.” — Rosie Cree
“Since doing this course, I have been sleeping much better, I feel much more in control of my emotions, I have enjoyed ‘noticing’ my own state, but also it has transferred to everything around. This means I am re-enjoying many things that I had been taking for granted.” — Sandy Good
“The course guidebook was a useful guide and very informative. I also enjoyed the formal practice and the way different strategies were explained.” — Linda Daniell
Questions or More Information:
Please review the Mindfulness Works Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). If you have any further questions or require more information, please contact us.