Mindfulness Works is looking for suitably qualified trainers to join the Mindfulness Works team as independent contractors, offering Mindfulness Works classes.
Mindfulness is gaining in popularity as a highly effective way to reduce stress, anxiety and depression as well as increase self-awareness and well-being. Mindfulness Works is having considerable success in New Zealand offering low cost, non-religious and highly accessible introductory mindfulness classes. We are now looking for further suitable applicants who would like to be considered to provide these classes on a contractual basis.
The Mindfulness Works vision: “To significantly improve the mental health and well-being of all New Zealanders. To foster self-acceptance and self-love in all.”
Where we are looking for trainers…
Your role would be:
- To facilitate 4 x 1 hour evening introductory mindfulness courses.
- To find and book a suitable venue to provide the training (with guidelines from Mindfulness Works)
- Contract based. You would be paid per course run.
- Provide any one-on-one coaching/training that may arise from the courses
You would be provided with:
- A full room of course participants (20 – 25 people)
- All training materials to distribute to the class
- Full training on how to run this course with facilitator notes (in person or via Skype)
- A payment to you of $400 – $450 per course
What do we mean by mindfulness?
Mindfulness is a specific modality that assists with reducing anxiety, depression, stress and increases self-awareness and well-being which is recommended by the NZ Mental Health Foundation. Mindfulness can be defined as ‘non-judgemental awareness’ or ‘present moment awareness’. There is a massive depth and 2,500 year history to mindfulness which originated in and has been developed in the Buddhist tradition. It is offered by many providers as a totally non-religious, highly practical and well-documented way to improve mental health, well-being and reduce anxiety.
Mindfulness is not a philosophy. It cannot be learned from a book. There are specific mindfulness courses and retreats throughout New Zealand that allow you to discover experientially, what mindfulness is and how it may benefit you. Mindfulness is also not a technique or quick fix. It is an on-going process.
As such anyone wishing to apply to be a trainer with Mindfulness Works must have in-depth, 5 years plus of formal mindfulness experience both in terms of attending courses, retreats as well as their own daily formal practise.
Skills and Experience:
To apply you must have…
- A daily formal mindfulness meditation practise for at least 5 years. This means mindfulness meditation, not some other practise that is ‘the same as mindfulness’ .
- Sat at least one (7 day or more) silent meditation retreat
- Preferably offered some group or one-on-one mindfulness training previously
- Have some experience in facilitating dialogue and enquiry on a one-on-one or group basis
- Have been taught or instructed on a regular basis by a mindfulness teacher or trainer for a period of time
- Be comfortable speaking to groups
- Have a background in coaching, education or training of some sort
We provide training on the Mindfulness Works Introduction to Meditation course at no cost to you. You would be required to undertake 6 months supervision/mentoring paid for by yourself. This would be at about $100 per session (once per month).
Want to know more or wish to apply? Please complete this form.