MINDFULNESS DARFIELD: $89 for the entire course including four classes, two guided mindfulness meditation downloads, weekly articles, instructions and email reflections.
Regular early evening and daytime, specifically designed for people with busy schedules.
Held in Darfield, these courses are the perfect, simple and easy way to learn mindfulness meditation or to develop a more regular practice. At just $89 for four weeks and including two downloadable mindfulness meditation audio files, as well as handouts and weekly emails, this is great value and the ideal starting point for you to de-stress, learn a new skill with support from a group and an experienced facilitator.
What is Mindfulness and How Does it Work?
“Mental Health Foundation mental health promoter Grant Rix says mindfulness has been shown to benefit our brains to such an extent that we can feel calmer, more aware, have an increased ability to focus and concentrate, remember things better and feel happier.”
What you get from this course…
What’s included in this course…
No religion, no dogma, no funny positions…
- An understanding of what mindfulness is and how it works
- Clear guidance and instructions on how to meditate
- An opportunity to relax and destress
- Practical techniques you can use at home on a regular basis
- An increased sense of well-being
- Two high-quality audio-guided mindfulness meditations, available for download
- Suitable for absolute beginners as well as those familiar with mindfulness and meditation.
- Four-weekly 55 minute group classes
- Two guided mindfulness meditations for you to download
- Handouts with useful reflections and practices (available to download as well)
- Opportunities for questions and anwers
- Weekly email articles and instructions.
- There is no religion, dogma or belief systems to adopt in mindfulness based meditation and methods
- The instructions and explorations throughout the day have a focus on practical, everyday life
- We sit on chairs and there are no strange positions at all (cushions are available if you prefer)
- Emphasis is given to your own experience not theory.
“Neuroscientists have found that meditators shift their brain activity to different areas of the cortex… This mental shift decreases the negative effects of stress, mild depression and anxiety. …The researchers found that the meditators showed a pronounced shift in activity to the left frontal lobe. In other words, they were calmer and happier than before.” – Psychology Today
Mindfulness and meditation are both gaining in popularity as more and more people discover how this simple skill can have a profoundly positive impact on your life. Organisations such as Google, Apple, Nike and Yahoo! now run mindfulness programmes and sessions for staff during work hours. Modern research about mindfulness and meditation shows measurable and significant benefits to people including less stress, less anxiety, greater focus, calm and happiness.
Week 1: What is Mindfulness?
- What mindfulness is
- The benefits of mindfulness and meditation
- How to get the most from the course
- Guided body scan mindfulness meditation
- Question and answers / discussion.
Week 2: Working with the Mind
- Why thinking can be problematical
- Practical ways to work with difficult thoughts
- Self judgement and how to intervene
- Guided mindfulness meditation – counting the breath
- Question and answers / discussion.
Week 3: Working with Emotions
- What are emotions?
- Learning to feel emotions
- The RAIN method
- Non-judgement and acceptance
- Guided mindfulness meditation on feelings
- Question and answers / discussion.
Week 4: Radical Acceptance
- What it means to be present
- How wanting causes stress
- Developing wisdom and insight
- Authentic self compassion
- Open awareness guided mindfulness meditation
- Question and answers / discussion
- Next steps.
Includes two free downloadable guided mindfulness meditations plus weekly articles
- Professionally recorded MP3 guided meditations
- Two types of meditation included – a body scan and a concentration meditation
- Each meditation is 20 minutes long
- Fast download from customer section, once you register for course
- Guided meditation is by NZ teacher
- Articles on mindfulness with weekly instructions handed out at each session
- Downloadable copies of articles available.
Darfield 4 Week Intro Courses – Evening Courses
[table id=38 /]
Refund policy and money back guarantee
Should you attend the entire course and not be satisfied, you are entitled to a full 100% refund should you wish.
How long is each weekly class and what happens?
Each class is 45 minutes long. There will be a guided meditation for a period. This will include meditation instruction. After the meditation and instruction there will be a talk or discussion. This includes a question and answer time.
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for any of the following:
- People who have never meditated or practised mindfulness before
- People who have just started meditating or practising mindfulness
- People who have meditated and practised mindfulness and want a more regular practise
- People who meditate and practise mindfulness regularly and enjoy doing so in a group environment.
About the teachers
All Mindfulness Works’ teachers approach is straightforward, practical and heartfelt and directed towards you discovering your own innate wisdom and authentic experience.
Erna has had a personal meditation practice for more than 40 years. She grew up in a small village called Thaba ‘Nchu, living among the Tswana and Sotho tribes, learning from these uncomplicated people that happiness comes from living life simply yet abundantly.
Pulling up roots and immigrating to New Zealand 20 years ago and the break-up of a happy marriage after the recent Christchurch earthquakes are two events that have emphasised to her the value of stillness, being with experiences, and letting go. Erna is a tertiary-educated scientist and teacher. For 13 years she worked with families that have either a baby or other family member with a hereditary disorder. She has also written about and lectured on human genetics. In New Zealand, she taught children with learning difficulties before changing her career to therapeutic massage.
Erna currently has a massage practice in Darfield, where she combines massage and trigger-point therapy with mindfulness. She has found that clients have a far better response to treatment when they are ‘present in their bodies’ and able to let go of ‘what should be’.
Attending silent retreats under tutors David Wakeling and Jeremy Logan has helped Erna to gain deeper insight into the value of mindfulness practice and living in the present moment.
Erna enjoys exploring nature, researching pain release techniques and playing the piano.
Testimonials for the Introductory Course:
“I had never done meditation before and already had preconceived notions of what it would be like such as “religious and a bit airy fairy”. Surprisingly this course was the opposite. I found Karl very relatable, when he talked about our thoughts. Like a lot of people, I tend to overthink everything from past events to future, or simply beating myself up. Karl helped me to take a step back and recognise I’m not my negative thoughts and they do not define me. I now feel a sense of peace. The mediation itself is relaxing and helps you de-stress from the day’s events. I highly recommend this course to anyone who is looking to de-stress and gain inner peace.” – Summer
“I love working with Karl. His ability to guide and help me find my own answers and truths has been phenomenal. He is also very caring and not judgemental. I have grown as a person, businessman, and practitioner, and the work we have done has been critical for my personal evolution over the last 6 months. I look forward to every session and always feel better after each one.” – Gareth Rapson
“I have been working with Karl for several months now and have found out so much about myself and making choices that are best for me. I have spent my life thinking I need to please the world and that has left myself lost and confused, not knowing what I really want in life for myself and my family. Having Karl teach and support me has helped me be me and make some hard but great choices. I am genuinely happier with in my day to day life and know how to cope with the hard times better.” – Bridget Adair
Questions or More Information:
Please review the Mindfulness Works Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). If you have any further questions or require more information, please contact us.