Mindfulness Works is looking for suitably qualified trainers to join the Mindfulness Works team as independent contractors, offering Mindfulness Works classes.
Mindfulness is gaining in popularity as a highly effective way to reduce stress, anxiety and depression as well as increase self-awareness and well-being. Mindfulness Works is having considerable success in New Zealand offering low cost, non-religious and highly accessible introductory mindfulness classes. We are now looking for further suitable applicants who would like to be considered to provide these classes on a contractual basis.
The Mindfulness Works vision: “To significantly improve the mental health and well-being of all New Zealanders. To foster self-acceptance and self-love in all.”
Centres we are looking for trainers for:
Your role would be:
- To facilitate 4 x 1 hour evening introductory mindfulness courses.
- To find and book a suitable venue to provide the training (with guidelines from Mindfulness Works)
- Contract based. You would be paid per course run. I would expect there to be initially be a minimum of 1 – 2 courses per month
- Provide any one-on-one coaching/training that may arise from the courses
You would be provided with:
- A full room of course participants (20 – 25 people)
- All training materials to distribute to the class
- Full training on how to run this course with facilitator notes (in person or via Skype)
- A payment to you of $400 per course
What do we mean by mindfulness?
Mindfulness is a specific modality that assists with reducing anxiety, depression, stress and increases self-awareness and well-being which is recommended by the NZ Mental Health Foundation. Mindfulness can be defined as ‘non-judgemental awareness’ or ‘present moment awareness’. There is a massive depth and 2,500 year history to mindfulness which originated in and has been developed in the Buddhist tradition. It is offered by many providers as a totally non-religious, highly practical and well-documented way to improve mental health, well-being and reduce anxiety.
Mindfulness is not a philosophy. It cannot be learned from a book. There are specific mindfulness courses and retreats throughout New Zealand that allow you to discover experientially, what mindfulness is and how it may benefit you. Mindfulness is also not a technique or quick fix. It is an on-going process.
As such anyone wishing to apply to be a trainer with Mindfulness Works must have in-depth, 5 years plus of formal mindfulness experience both in terms of attending courses, retreats as well as their own daily formal practise.
Skills and Experience:
To apply you must have…
- A daily formal mindfulness meditation practise for at least 5 years. This means mindfulness meditation, not some other practise that is ‘the same as mindfulness’ .
- Have attended several mindfulness meditation courses over the past 5 years.
- Sat at least 2 multi day mindfulness retreats in the past 5 years
- Preferably offered some group or one-on-one mindfulness training previously
- Have some experience in facilitating dialogue and enquiry on a one-on-one or group basis
- Have been taught or instructed on a regular basis by a mindfulness teacher or trainer for a period of time
- Be comfortable speaking to groups
- Have a background in coaching, education or training of some sort
- Have good computer skills
Want to know more or wish to apply? Please complete the form below or ring or text Karl on 027 411 2900
[contact-form-7 id=”3287″ title=”Facilitator contact form”]